Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Update

To date my web sites have been very basic. The one that I purchased from Niche Power Group is the hardest one to edit and I haven't quite figured out how to do it yet. The rest of the web sites are relatively simple to do. Netscape is my editor of choice and I simply edit templates found at my hosting company.

Although I have a technical background (I work in network security) I have no love of programming. For readers who work in IT you know that it isn't uncommon for the network team, or the security team, to be in conflict with the programmers/developers. We come from different worlds, with different mentalities, and different levels of discipline. Developers tend to be liberal, creative, and undisiciplined. Network and security professionals (I work in both) tend to be the opposite - conservative, disciplined, and structured. Creativity is essential for programming. Our creativity is limited to problem-solving. Naturally such generalizations do not always apply, but they are nonetheless accurate in a general sense.

Finding a method that minimized the programming was essential for the reasons cited above. I just don't fit into the programmer's model.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments clean!