Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Search Engine Optimization

Yesterday and today I am devoting my time to doing Search Engine Optimization (SEO). First I have to learn about it.

I start by making sure that each page has a unique title, meta description, and meta keywords. I then create a sitemap to submit to Google, a URL file to submit to Yahoo!, and a robots.txt file to guide the crawlers through my site. Lastly I submit the site to Google and Yahoo! and wait!

Although I am certain that what I am doing could be improved, it should at least start the process of turning these sites into income producing sites. My efforts so far have been on creating valuable content that is easy to understand. Now we present it to the world!

I still have over a dozen website in my plans to make. From here on out I will do a complete website, top to bottom. With the first half dozen or so, I decided to break development out into phases so that I could learn all of the different aspects. By the end of today I will know enough (I think) to put it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments clean!