Tuesday, September 1, 2009

History

I promised to tell my story last week so I intend to keep that promise starting with this post. How did I get here?

I have always been ambitious but ironically my motivation has never been money. I love a challenge! Well I have one now.

For most of the past 16 years I have been self-employed. I have the mentality of an employer, not an employee; yet because of the current economic malaise I have been obligated to take a position as an employee. Mind you I am grateful for the work. The people I work with are wonderful and I feel exceptionally blessed to have acquired a well-paying position under the current circumstances. I am definitely NOT COMPLAINING.

But I am in debt. This is the result of living within my means when my means were about double what they are now. Fortunately I wasn't living beyond my means or we would be in much more serious trouble. Some of that indebtedness is my own fault - foolishly charging things on a credit card instead of paying cash, etc.... But some of it isn't my fault (i.e. acting on bad advice from my accountant). Nevertheless I am ultimately responsible and need to find a way out. That's where the Internet entrepreneur things started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments clean!