Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Holding Pattern Continues

I have been researching how websites that generate income are structured. From it I've learned that my websites to date are not structured correctly. I have no intention of going back and remaking them since they are working and generating a little income, although the emphasis should be on the word little. So far it is my blogs that generate the most traffic and the most ad revenue. The biggest payday however has been with my non-blog websites where someone actually purchased something I recommended! That payday was nearly $30!

The blogs generate click-through income from Google AdWords. So are that income has risen to nearly $1! I still am stuck with the same problem - learn SEO! Once I get a chance next week (I am on the road in St. Louis) I will have to tackle this problem. It sounds so tedious and I am not good at tedious tasks. I'm going to have to get over it or this project will be on the ropes. Suck it up big boy!

In summary this is my plan as of now:
  1. Learn/do SEO for existing websites
  2. Continue to develop an audience for the blogs
  3. Go about website development differently - starting with the health and wellness sites
  4. Sign up with AWeber when I'm ready to build the new websites
  5. Build the health and wellness websites differently than I've built the security/IT ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments clean!